Gorilla Holidays Uganda Limited organizes safaris and tours in Uganda, Rwanda and Congo. Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully as they set out our respective obligations and form the basis of your contract / booking with us.
These Terms and Conditions affect your rights and designate the governing law and forum for resolution of any and all disputes.
- Booking Your Holiday
To secure your booking, you should complete and sign the Gorilla Holidays Uganda Limited Booking Form and send the original of this to the Company or complete the applicable online booking procedure on the Company’s website or with one of our appointed agents and payment of the requested deposit which is a %ge of the price per person as per the agreed quotation (or other amount notified in writing by the Company).
A deposit payment can range from 50% – 100% depending on the time frame of booking to start of safari. In some cases (last minute bookings) Gorilla Holidays Uganda Ltd, reserves the right to request for full payment up-front. (Prior to start of the safari
- Your booking is accepted by the Company and becomes effective only from the date when the Company has confirmed acceptance to you or your travel agent in writing and issued a Confirmation Invoice. On that date The Contract for the holiday will come into effect. If for any reason the Company does not accept your booking your deposit will be returned.
- If You arrange your holiday directly with the Company, all correspondence and other communications will be sent to the address specified by you on your Booking Form, which will be that of the first person named, unless indicated otherwise by you.
- If your booking is made through a travel agent, all communication from the Company will be with the agent. All monies you pay to the travel agent are held by it on your behalf until we issue our Confirmation Invoice. After this, the travel agent holds the monies on the Company’s behalf.
For the avoidance of doubt, all online bookings shall be deemed as booked and subject to these Terms and Conditions.
2.Your Financial Protection.
The Company is a duly registered company in Uganda and is bonded to provide for your financial protection in the event of the Company’s insolvency.
- Any amendments by you, the Company will make every effort to assist you if you wish to alter your arrangements but reserves the right to impose an amending charge per booking in the event of your wishing to change a booking previously confirmed by the Company up to 10 days before departure, together with communication charges and other expenses incurred by the company.
- The normal cancellation charges will apply. All amendments should be reconfirmed in writing, signed by the signatory of the original Booking Form.
- You may transfer/change your booking up to 5 days before departure by transferring it to another person if you are unavoidably prevented from traveling and the transferee meets any and all the conditions which apply to the travel arrangements booked.
- The right to transfer is subject to a payment of an administration fee per person (plus appropriate holiday insurance fees, if applicable) together with all additional charges of whatever sort imposed by the suppliers providing the component parts of the arrangements.
If You wish to cancel your booking, you must inform the Company in writing (signed by the person who signed the original Booking Form) sending such written notification to the company. Cancellation will be effective on the day it is received by the Company. The following charges, in addition to your deposit and where applicable will be payable by You, depending upon the number of days prior to departure date when the Company receives notice of cancellation.
- Cancellation on the day shall result in to forfeiture of 100% of the total payment.
- Cancellation in 5 days to departure day shall result in to forfeiture of 75% of the total payment.
- Cancellation in 10 days to departure day shall result in to forfeiture of 50% of the total payment.
- If You cancel your booking more than 10 days prior to departure and that cancellation is not a result of non-payment or other breach of these Terms, the monies You have paid as Deposit for the booking will be held as a ‘Roll-on Deposit’ by the company for up to two months after the date of your booking to which the Deposit relates, subject to our Terms and Conditions of Booking. Roll-on Deposits may be applied towards payment of a Deposit on any other Tour offered by the company, subject to seat availability and to these Terms and Conditions.
- If at the expiry of two months years after the date of your first booking to which the Deposit relates You have not applied the Roll-on Deposit to another Tour offered by the company, the monies held by the company as the Roll-on Deposit shall be forfeited and treated as cancellation fees. For the avoidance of doubt, only the Deposit amount shall form part of the Roll-on Deposit.
- The same Roll-on Deposit may be applied once only. Only one Roll-on Deposit may be applied per person per product booked.
- The Company acts as an agent when booking pre or post tour hotel accommodation and airport transfers. Cancellation of booked accommodation or transfers will be subject to a fee equal to one night’s accommodation provided you give at least 10 days’ notice of cancellation. Cancellation within 10 days will be subject to a fee equal to 100% of the price You have paid for the transfers and accommodation
4. Amendments or Cancellation by the Company.
- If You do not pay the balance of the holiday price within 5 days before departure date, the Company reserves the right to treat the booking as cancelled, and to levy cancellation charges.
- Every effort will be made to operate all holidays as advertised. However, we do plan the arrangements in advance and occasionally we may have to make changes and we reserve the right to do so at any time. In very rare circumstances, such as insufficient numbers on safari holiday departures, Company may have to cancel the whole or part of your holiday at any time up to 5 days prior to departure. In the event of any cancellation, the Company will use its best endeavors to offer alternative arrangements of a comparable standard or to make a full and prompt refund for all monies paid by You.
- The Company will not normally cancel any holiday within 5 days of departure, except in circumstances outside the Company’s control in the event of war or threat of war, riot, civil strife, industrial dispute, terrorist activities (threatened or actual), natural and nuclear disaster, fire or adverse weather conditions, or other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
- In the rare event of cancellation becoming necessary within 5 days of departure date for reasons other than the force majeure circumstances described in the preceding paragraph, then the Company will offer, whenever possible, comparable arrangements or a full refund of all monies received by the Company from you. In addition, if the Company cancels a holiday less than 5 days before departure, compensation of 5% of the holiday price (excluding insurance premiums, amendment charges and air fares) will be paid to You.
- The Company reserves the right to alter routes, schedules, itineraries, amenities and mode of transport, without prior notice, during the period of the holiday, due to circumstances or events which affect the stated intentions of the holiday. These influences may include, but are not limited to, sickness, mechanical breakdown, events emanating from political disputes, acts of terrorism (threatened or actual), entry of border difficulties, adverse weather conditions, earthquakes, and other unpredictable or unforeseeable circumstances.
- The Company designates selected tour departures as ‘Guaranteed’ at its discretion. The Company reserves the right to remove the Guaranteed designation at any time.
- Force Majeure
We regret we cannot accept liability or pay compensation where the performance or proper performance of our obligations is prevented or affected by any event which we or the supplier of the service(s) in question could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. Such events include war or threat of war, riots, civil strife, border closures, unexpected government acts, terrorist activity, industrial disputes, natural or nuclear disaster, extreme weather conditions, fire, road closures, pilferage, epidemics / pandemics, quarantines, dangers incident to sea, land and air travel, and other similar acts or incidents beyond our ability to control.
6. Gorilla Holidays Uganda Limited Price Policy
- All Prices/offers by the company are based by reference to commercial current currency rates. The Company reserves the right to increase the tour price not less than 5 days before departure, to take account of: government action, currency exchange rate fluctuations, increase in fuel costs or ground transportation charges. The Company reserves the right to change any of the services, prices, or other particulars contained in this brochure at any time before we enter into a contract with you. If there is any change the Company will notify you before you enter into such contract.
- After the Company has issued your initial Confirmation Invoice (after receipt of your signed Booking Form), should there be a need for any subsequent surcharges, these will be shown on a Supplementary Invoice, sent to You (or your travel agent) not later than 3 days prior to your departure date.
- Payment of all invoices is due to reach the Company not later than 5 days prior to departure date. Provided that the Company receives settlement in full by the due date, it undertakes to absorb any price increases that may arise after that date, except for airfare and Local Payment/ Adventure Pass/ Safari Pass (whichever is applicable) increases.
- The financial commitments the Company undertakes in order to offer this guarantee mean that it may not be able to make reductions in holiday prices should exchange rates vary. If your holiday is booked, then your Confirmation Invoice will have detailed the final surcharges (if any) that are due.
- Should any final surcharges exceed 10% of the total price of your holiday as invoiced at the time when your booking was first made, You are entitled to cancel your booking within 14 days of the date of issue of our Supplementary Invoice and obtain a full refund of all payments made to the Company, except for holiday insurance and any amendment charge previously incurred. Cancellation advice is deemed to become effective on the date on which the Company receives this.
- Cancellations should always be notified in writing (Recorded Delivery is advisable), and sent to the company or company agent.
- The descriptions, information and opinions given in the Company are given in good faith, based on the latest information at the time of going to press. Unless specifically advised to the contrary by the Company, nothing shown in any brochure or other publication (whether supplied by us or not) constitutes a condition or term of this contract, or shall be relied upon in any way.
- In exceptional circumstances outside the control of the Company, its agents or suppliers, such as, but not limited to, circumstances amounting to force majeure such as war, threat of war, political unrest, riots, civil disturbances, terrorist activities (threatened or actual), legally or illegally organised labour disputes, adverse weather conditions, and acts of God, the Company, its agents or suppliers cannot be held responsible for any limitation or withdrawal of facilities.
- Where You do not suffer death or personal injury, we accept liability should any part of your holiday arrangements booked with the Company not be as described in the brochure and not be of a reasonable standard, and the company will pay you compensation of an amount which could reasonably be expected, taking into account all the relevant circumstances. Any sums received by you from suppliers will be deducted from any sum paid to you as compensation by the Company.
- Where You suffer death or personal injury as a result of an activity forming part of your holiday arrangements with the Company, we accept responsibility except where the cause of the failure of your holiday arrangements or any death or personal injury you may suffer is not due to any fault on our part or that of our servants, agents or suppliers, and is your fault, or due to the actions of someone unconnected with your holiday arrangements or due to unusual or unforeseeable circumstances or events which neither we, nor our servants, agents or suppliers could have anticipated or avoided even with the exercise of full care.
- Where a claim (whether for personal injury or non-personal injury) arises out of loss or damage suffered during the course of the holiday, the Company’s liability and/or the amount of compensation You will receive will be limited in accordance with the contractual terms of the companies providing the transportation for your travel arrangements, which are incorporated into this contract, and the provisions of the relevant International Conventions.
- The Company’s acceptance of liability is conditional upon you assigning any rights that you may have against any of our servants, agents, or suppliers which is in any way responsible for the failure of your holiday arrangements or any death or personal injury you may suffer. Such acceptance of liability is also subject to your following the procedures for the notification of complaints set out in the booking conditions.
- The use by the Company of transport in connection with your holiday is subject to the conditions of carriage of the operators or owners of such transport. These conditions may include the provision of the law of the country of the carrier or be subject to international conventions which may limit or exclude the carrier’s liability.
- During the tour you may be offered the chance to purchase various optional excursions, activities and services. It is important that you understand that we do not own, operate or control any of the companies or individuals which provide the optional excursions, activities and services.
- If You book optional excursions, activities and services You contract with the local company providing that optional excursion, activity or service, and not with the Company. The Company has no legal liability for anything that goes wrong with such excursions, optional activities or services and any claim which you might have arising from the optional excursions, activities and services will be against the relevant local company and subject to the local company’s terms and conditions, governed by local law.
- Neither we nor our employees, agents and contractors make any representation or warranty in relation to implied or explicit suggestions or recommendations of optional excursions, activities and services or any excursion, activity or service or event not highlighted as included in the Tour.
- Your Responsibilities.
- All passports, visas, health certificates or other travel documents required for the holiday must be obtained by You. It is your responsibility to ensure that that these remain in order, and to meet any additional costs incurred (whether by You or by the Company on your behalf) as a result of failure to comply with such requirements. Any information or advice given by the Company on passports, visas, vaccinations, etc. is given in good faith but without responsibility on the part of the Company.
- No credit or refund is possible for any unused services included in the holiday price or Local Payment/ Adventure Pass/ Safari Pass (whichever is applicable). This includes where the reason for not using the services is due to illness or to disinclination, or to lost, mislaid, or destroyed travel documents, or for departing the tour early or before it reaches its final destination.
- You must obtain confirmed onward or return flight tickets prior to departure for Africa. The Company cannot be held responsible if You are refused entry to any country through failure to supply proof of onward travel. You must accept responsibility for reconfirming all onward travel arrangements. You are responsible for checking-in at the correct time. The Company cannot accept responsibility if You miss flights or tours as a result of late a check-in.
- You acknowledge that the nature of the holiday is expeditionary and adventurous, and that you will be visiting places where the political, cultural and geographical conditions present certain dangers, risks and physical challenges greater than those present in our everyday lives.
- Further, You acknowledge that Your use of electrical charging equipment (for phones, tablets, cameras etc) on the Tour Vehicle or at any campsite or property on tour is entirely at your own risk. The Company cannot accept responsibility for any damage to Your equipment howsoever caused.
- You agree that during the holiday images, photos, or videos may be taken by other Clients or Company staff that may contain You in part or in whole. You agree that these images may be reproduced by The Company and You grant perpetual, royalty free, worldwide, irrevocable license to reproduce such images, photos, or videos in any medium for promotion and publicity purposes.
Arbitration, Law and Jurisdiction Any matters arising from The booking and holiday Contract shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Ugandan law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Uganda.