Yes, Discounted Uganda Gorilla Permits are currently on offer from 1st December, 2020 to 31st March, 2021 and the offer has been extended up to 30th June, 2021.
On 27th November 2020, the Uganda Wildlife Authority (UWA) announced the news about the festive season discounts on Gorilla permits, Chimpanzee permits and 50% discount on park entrance fees as well as birding fees.
The discounts have come as a promotion aimed at improving the tourist numbers visiting Uganda’s national parks and taking part in the most popular activities like Gorilla trekking and Chimpanzee tracking during the festive season that runs from December to end of February – this is usually a peak season which has been greatly impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic and the promotion has been extended by a month to end of March 2021.
Discounted Uganda Gorilla Permits are on offer for the different visitor categories as below;
- Foreign non resident Gorilla trekking permits reduced from $700 to $400
- Foreign resident Gorilla trekking permits reduced from $600 to $300
- East African Community citizen Gorilla trekking permits reduced from 250,000UGX to 150,000UGX
Discounted Chimpanzee Tracking Permits;
- Foreign nonresident Chimpanzee tracking permits reduced from $200 to $150
- Foreign resident Chimpanzee tracking permits reduced from $150 to $100
- East African community citizen Chimpanzee tracking permits reduced from 150,000UGX to 100,000UGX
The promotion also features 50% discounted on birding fees and entrance fees for the following national parks;
- Murchison falls national park
- Queen Elizabeth national park
- Kidepo Valley national park
- Lake Mburo national park
- Semuliki national park
- Toro Semliki Wildlife Reserve
- Katonga Wildlife Reserve
- Kabwoya Wildlife Reserve
- Pian Upe Wildlife Reserve
NOTE: It is important to note that the above discounted Uganda gorilla permits and chimpanzee tracking permits apply to reservations made between 1st December 2020 and 30th June, 2021. The discount does not apply on rescheduled permits which were previously booked and those already booked with deposits.
These bookings between the given dates cannot be rescheduled either.
With these discounts and the festive season kicking in, it is a great time to visit Uganda.
Commercial flights resumed on 1st October 2020 at Entebbe International Airport where the renovations are also getting done and the new departure lounge has been opened with more space, making it easier to observe all the standard operating procedures for prevention against COVID-19.
There is no quarantining of travelers to Uganda as long as you present Covid-19 PCR test negative results done within 72 hours of arrival into the country. You will embark on your trip straight away and will also be required to do another test within 72 hours before leaving the country. Contact us today to book your discounted Uganda Gorilla Permits as well as our affordable safari packages and enjoy a great time in this pearl of Africa.